The Brunel Academy Core Expectations
The following are the Core Expectations and must be a part of all of our work at The Brunel Academy:
- Communication is positive and professional.
- Personalisation involves all interactions.
- PACE is used in interactions - Playful, Accepting, Curious, Empathetic
- Relationships are valued and staff seek to repair harm.
- Staff regulate themselves before students.
- Staff engage students in lessons, activities, breaktimes and lunchtimes.
- Learning Objectives and Success Criteria are explicitly shared, displayed and referenced throughout.
- Modelling includes explicit modelling of thought processes, activities, behaviour and attitudes.
- Collaborative Learning structures limit teacher talk and promote PIES: Positive Interdependence, Individual Accountability, Equal Participation, Simultaneous Interaction.
- Assessment for Learning is built in throughout to review learning and deepen understanding.
- Feedback promotes progress: What Went Well, Even Better If, literacy. Students respond to the feedback.
- Recording is timely: SIMS, CPOMS and lesson recording